Recipe by Rita~
Fruity, thick and nutty! A great way to have a breakfast on the run. Blend it up and take it with you. Enjoy this drink full of calcium and protein! The raisins are the sweetener but if you like it sweeter you can add some sugar or honey. Freeze the apricots the night before if you have time.
Top Review by GrandmaIsCooking
This recipe made interesting use of the contest ingredients. It's thick like a milk shake. I added some honey as suggested in the introduction. As much as I love eating cashews, I think I would like this smoothie better without them. (I know, then it wouldn't have 5 contest ingredients!) I recommend freezing the apricots as recommended so your smoothie will be good and cold.
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1⁄4 cup ice cube
- 1 cup fresh apricots or 1 cup dried apricot, rehydrated
- 1⁄4 cup instant powdered milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cashews
- 1 tablespoon raisins (soften if needed with warm water)