Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Lovely glazed carrots, from Smucker's
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon mace
- Cook carrots, covered, in a small amount of boiling salted water for about 8 minutes or until tender.
- Drain thoroughly, return to saucepan.
- Combine butter, jam, lemon juice, salt and mace.
- Pour over cooked carrots.
- Cook, stirring constantly until carrots are evenly glazed and heated through.
These carrots are really good. I used apricot freezer jam which cut back on sweetness served with ham steaks - Thanks again Dorothy
Dorothy these are "To Die For" they are so delicious. I made them for Thanksgiving and they were a hit with everyone. The apricot really brings out the sweetness in the carrots. I'm submitting a photo in gratitude, thanks again dorothy for sharing such a terrific recipe!
Wow-these were great! The flavour combination worked really well. The apricot jam adds to their sweetness and they look wonderful with the glaze. I served with with roast turkey, green beans, and mashed potatoes. They would go well with any meat or poultry dish. Thanks Derf for a wonderful easy recipe.