Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I needed a side dish and had a bag of mini-carrots. Found this recipe in the 1998 TOH book. This really hit the spot!
- 1 lb carrot, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place carrots in a saucepan with enought water to cover; bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 8 minutes or until crisp tender; drain.
- Add remaining ingredients; cook and stir over medium heat for 3 minutes or until preserves are melted and carrots are coated.
Really simple and tasty way to make carrots. This will be my new go to recipe for carrots when I want to change up my menu choices. Made for your 2013 Superbowl win.
Five stars for such an easy and tasty carrot dish! It was a perfect accompanyment for recipe #321104 and recipe #340342 I expect that I will be making carrots this way many, many more times. I was not careful with my measurements and made enough for 2. I used all of the apricot preserve but would scale it back next time to the more appropriate 1/8 cup. Made on behalf of the Looney Spoon Phoodies ~ ZWT6
I have been learning to eat carrots more this last year, as they have never been one of my favorite veggies, but this can, definitely, be entered into my â€œBut I'm Eating More Carrots, Julieâ€� cookbook. Thnx for sharing your recipe, Jim. Made for a fellow Vagabond during ZWT 6.