Recipe by Maryland Jim
I needed a side dish and had a bag of mini-carrots. Found this recipe in the 1998 TOH book. This really hit the spot!
- 1 lb carrot, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Place carrots in a saucepan with enought water to cover; bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 8 minutes or until crisp tender; drain.
- Add remaining ingredients; cook and stir over medium heat for 3 minutes or until preserves are melted and carrots are coated.