Here's one of the few whole wheat bread recipes that I managed to acquire some years ago.
Make and share this Apricot Carrot Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup natural bran
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄3 cup dried apricot, diced small
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, & butter a 9 inch loaf pan.
- In bowl, whisk & mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg & ginger, then whisk in bran.
- In large bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, honey, buttermilk & eggs, until well blended.
- Add carrots, zest & apricots, & stir until well blended.
- Add flour mixture, seeds & raisins, & blend until all the flour is just moistened. DO NOT OVERBEAT.
- Pour into buttered pan.
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove pan from oven & let cool 10 minutes on wire rack.
- Remove loaf from pan & let cool completely on wire rack.