1/3 Photos of Apricot Carrot Bread
Sydney Mike's Note:
Here's one of the few whole wheat bread recipes that I managed to acquire some years ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup natural bran
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1/3 cup dried apricot, diced small
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup golden raisin
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, & butter a 9 inch loaf pan.
- 2In bowl, whisk & mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg & ginger, then whisk in bran.
- 3In large bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, honey, buttermilk & eggs, until well blended.
- 4Add carrots, zest & apricots, & stir until well blended.
- 5Add flour mixture, seeds & raisins, & blend until all the flour is just moistened. DO NOT OVERBEAT.
- 6Pour into buttered pan.
- 7Bake 40-50 minutes or until toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
- 8Remove pan from oven & let cool 10 minutes on wire rack.
- 9Remove loaf from pan & let cool completely on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Carrot Bread
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.2
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 31.4 mg
- Sodium 129.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of