Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is such a neat spread for toast or english muffins, or even croissants. I like it on banana bread also. I found this on the internet, and have been making it for years. I hope you will like it.
- 2 cups dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- Bring 2/3 cup water to a boil; add the 2 cups of apricots and sugar, and cook until soft, about 10 minutes. Times will vary, so keep watch.
- Place mix in blender and puree with 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Add either 1 teaspoons vanilla extract or 1/2 teaspoons almond extract.
- Cool mixture and keep in fridge for up to 1 week. Note: amounts vary.
Great tasting butter/spread, & so easy to make! This first time around I used vanilla extract, but another time I want to try it with almond! It really jazzed up the slices of banana bread I served with it, & IT'S REALLY GREAT with toasted winter wheat bread! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed as a bonus tag in Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #14, Mar 08]