1/2 Photos of Apricot Bread With Walnuts and Peaches in Vanilla Sauce
1 hr 30 mins
The apricot bread from childhood.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Apricot Bread with Walnuts
- 6 -7 apricots, cut the fruits in half lengthwise and remove and discard the pits
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1/2 cup walnuts, pecans or 1/2 cup hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey (optional) or 2 tablespoons apricot jam, for brushing (optional)
Peaches in Vanilla Sauce
- 1Directions for Apricot Bread with Walnuts: Preheat an oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour a 1-lb (or two smaller pans) loaf pan.
- 2In a bowl, stir and toss together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- 3In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the flat beater, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until blended, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 4Reduce the speed to low and add the flour mixture along with the milk and lemon zest. Beat until blended and smooth, stopping the mixer occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Stir in the walnuts.
- 5Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Arrange the apricots halves, slightly overlapping. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes.
- 6Remove the bread from the oven and transfer the pan to a wire rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour, before serving.
- 7Just before serving, in a small saucepan over low heat, warm the honey. Brush the apricots with the honey. Accompany each slice with a dollop of whipped cream.
- 8Directions for Peaches in Vanilla Sauce: In a 3 1/2-quart Dutch oven, combine the peaches, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Scrape the vanilla seeds into the pan, add the bean and stir to combine.
- 9Set the pan over medium-low heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is just beginning to bubble and the sauce is slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- 10Remove from the heat.
- 11Remove the vanilla bean and discard. Let cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Bread With Walnuts and Peaches in Vanilla Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 733.6
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 105.5 mg
- Sodium 292.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 123.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 93.6 g
- Protein 11.0 g