Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My sister made this for me and gave me the recipe last year. It's just plain Scrumptious! From The Inn at Maranatha Ranch, Alvarado, TX
- 2 1⁄2 cups dried apricots, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Plump apricots by soaking in warm water, drain and chop.
- Cream sugar, eggs, water and butter. Stir in orange juice.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt, add to cream mixture and stir to blend.
- Fold in apricots and pecans, mixing well.
- Pour batter into two 8 x 4 inch greased and floured loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes and remove from pans. Makes 2 loaves. Delicious!
The name of this loaf is 100% on the nose. Simply scrumptious! I used 3/4 cup of Splenda for the sugar and an orange/peach blend juice (all I had on hand) and it came out perfect. This is simple to make and mine was ready in 45 -50 mins. If you like fruity quick breads you will surely love this recipe. Made for PAC, Spring 2011
Family hated it!!!!!