Recipe by grandma2969
these are handy to give as gifts or keep on hand..label and use before 6 months..
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups Bisquick
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine Bisquick, baking powder and salt and layer this in one layer (layer on top).
- Otherwise, layer ingredients in a wide mouth 1-quart canning jar in order given.
- Press each layer firmly in place before adding next ingredient layer.
- Attach the following instructions to a gift card:.
- APRICOT BREAD.
- Prehet oven to 350*.Grease well a large loaf pan on the bottom and place wax paper on the bottom.
- In a large bowl, place the Apricot Bread Mix.
- Make a well in the center.
- Mix 1 1/4 cups milk, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 2 slightly beaten eggs and 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine to dry mixture.
- Mix until completely blended.
- Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on wire rack before removing.
- In a large bowl, place the.