Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
Looks good, tastes great! Wonderful for special occasions. Looks sooo nice when sliced. Great for ham sandwiches. I found this online, don't know where. This was very slow rising in the abm but rose well after being shaped. I cut the dough in two, added dried fruit to half and twisted them together, used a large bread pan. It would be appealing if baked in a tube pan. Used both diced apricots and cranberries for a second loaf. Don't soak fruit, it gets too soft and wet to look pretty. Prep time includes time in ABM.
- Follow the instructions that came with your bread machine for dough cycle.
- After raising, Cut dough in half, add fruit to one half. Roll into logs and twist them together. Put in well-sprayed large bread pan.
- Brush with egg wash for a beautiful finish.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
- Cooking Tip: Because different preserves have different consistencies, it’s a good idea to check on this bread after five or ten minutes of kneading. Just pop the top of the bread machine and see how the dough is doing. It should be a smooth, round ball. If it’s too dry add liquid a tablespoon at a time until it looks OK. If it looks too wet, add flour a tablespoon at a time until it looks OK. Most of the time though, the above amounts should be just right.