Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Southern Living; Christmas holiday favorite.
Make and share this Apricot Brandy Pound Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup apricot brandy
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; mix well.
- Combine sour cream, brandy, and flavorings.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with flour mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan 10-15 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely.
This is a scrumptious flavored old fashioned style pound cake! The texture reminded me of Grandmas! I didn't have any Apricot Brandy, so I subbed some German Bailoni liquor which tastes almost apricot like to me. This was a special treat Nurse Di, thanks for sharing your family tradition with my family!
Wonderful, wonderful wonderful. This recipe was on point, great texture outstatnding flavor
Now this is the way pound cake should taste. The flavor of the apricot brandy is mouth-watering. The texture of this cake is moist and slightly dense. The flavor was even stronger the next day. Reminds me of the old-fashioned pound cake my grandmother used to make. Thanks Nurse Di.