Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Southern Living; Christmas holiday favorite.
Top Review by Michelle S.
This is a scrumptious flavored old fashioned style pound cake! The texture reminded me of Grandmas! I didn't have any Apricot Brandy, so I subbed some German Bailoni liquor which tastes almost apricot like to me. This was a special treat Nurse Di, thanks for sharing your family tradition with my family!
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup apricot brandy
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; mix well.
- Combine sour cream, brandy, and flavorings.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with flour mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan 10-15 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely.