Recipe by Connie Maple
A real Suprise. Always a treat. best if aged two days or so.
Top Review by Pat H
This is the exact recipe that I have made for years. I make it for gifts at Christmas and always tell the recipient that it freezes very well. I also make it when one daughter visits three or four times a year, but missed one time, and her husband commented that was his only visit when we had not had an Apricot Brandy Pound Cake. It does take a while to prepare, but is well worth the time. And, when I make one or two on successive days, I leave everything "out" to reduce prep time. I use either butter or margarine. And, as Rose said, I am sure it would be a good cake to ship. Enjoy!
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup margarine
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup apricot brandy
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and flour a very large tube pan.
- Cream together sugar and butter add eggs one at a time.
- Mix dry things and set aside.
- Mix sour cream and all flavorings and brandy.
- Alternately add dry and wet to sugar mix.
- Mix until well blended then pour into pan and bake at 325 for 70 minutes.