Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a super simple quick recipe to make, it tastes wonderful and the sauce goes really well with the chicken. We all enjoyed it very much and both my son and husband thought it was moreish.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons brandy
- 3 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- In a large fry pan heat some oil, add chicken and brown well on both sides. Remove and set to one side.
- In the same pan add water, brandy, jam, stock and mustard stir to combine, mix a little water with the cornflour and add to sauce, stir until mixture thickens.
- Add sour cream, return chicken to pan cook for about 10-15 Min's over a low heat to cook chicken through, stir in tarragon. Remove chicken and slice thickly.
- To Serve: I served mine over celeriac mash drizzled with sauce and garnished with half an apricot.
Following the recipe to a "t" I felt this was only ordinary. There was not enough apricot flavor. It was just OK.
aWonderfull recipe.I have made it several times now and still love it. Served with babycarots and pan fried potatoes, aother time with pasta and fresh spinach,hmmm! I do not use the cup of water,just alittle or white wine. Thank you for a great chicken recipe.
This was a wonderful recipe. Simple and easy to make. The whole family loved it.... well they did have one complaint, not enough sauce and not enough for 2nds...lol We all loved this recipe, I served this with rice and it was just the thing for an easy dinner. Next time I will double the sauce to make everyone happy! Another great recipe from The Flying Chef. Thank You.