Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A different type of truffle from the Family Circle magazine.
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup (Karo preferred)
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-bran cereal, crushed
- 1 cup dried apricot, finely minced
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- unsweetened cocoa powder or confectioners' sugar, for dusting truffles
- Melt chocolate in top of double boiler over hot (not boiling) water; remove from heat.
- Stir in brandy and corn syrup.
- Combine cereal, apricots and 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar in a large bowl.
- Add chocolate mixture; stire together until well blended and let stand at room temperature about 30 minutes.
- Form into 1/2" balls; roll in cocoa or powdered sugar.
- Place in candy cups in a covered container; let mellow several days before serving.