1/1 Photo of Apricot Brandy and Rum Pound Cake With Peaches
1 hr 20 mins
This cake is awesome. My husband asked me to come up with a cake that had his favorite fruit in it. Peaches. It's different than the usual pound cake. It smells so good every time I take the cake cover off to get a slice. I make it all year round, but love making it in the summer when I get fresh peaches from the orchard. If you use canned peaches be sure to drain first. I use a good dark rum in this cake like Bacardi or Appleton's. I don't separate the flour with the salt and baking soda everything gets put in the same time in mixing bowl. Depending on how much extracts I have on hand sometimes I use less of one and more of another, but the aroma of almond extract is the best.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar (might sound like a lot but you'll need it)
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened peaches (diced)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup apricot brandy
- 1/4 cup dark Jamaican rum (Bacardi or Appleton's)
- 1/4 cup apricot brandy
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter (melted)
- 1 1/2-2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apricot brandy
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Butter or spray tube pan with nonstick spray.
- 3Using a mixer beat 3 cups sugar and 2 sticks of unsalted softened butter together until creamy.
- 4Add one egg at a time and beat well after each one.
- 5Add sour cream, extracts and brandy mix until blended.
- 6Add flour one cup at a time with salt and baking soda.
- 7Mix batter well while scraping sides of mixing bowl with a spatula.
- 8Using a spatula fold peaches into batter.
- 9Pour into tube pan evenly.
- 10Bang pan to get air bubbles out at least 3 times.
- 11Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- 12If you tap on cake it should sound hollow.
- 13Take cake out of pan while still slightly warm.
- 14Turning upside down onto a large plate.
- 15Using a measuring cup pour 1/4 cup brandy, and 1/4 cup rum together, add 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tsp melted butter.
- 16Stir with spoon until sugar is dissolved.
- 17Take a fork and poke holes all around top of cake.
- 18With a spoon pour brandy and rum mixture in holes.
- 19Let cake sit upside down until completely cooled.
- 20Once cake is completely cooled turn right side up and place on cake dish.
- 21Using a small deep bowl measure out 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar.
- 22Along with 1 tsp vanilla extract add 2tsp melted butter, orange juice and brandy. Stir well until a glaze is formed and drizzle all over top of cooled cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Brandy and Rum Pound Cake With Peaches
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.7
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 81.4 mg
- Sodium 367.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 47.1 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: