Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are baked in individual ramekins and eaten from the dish with a spoon. Mmmm good! Adapted from Cooking Light(Jan/2006)
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried apricots, diced
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup apricot nectar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup oat bran (I sometimes use a mix of wheat bran and wheat germ)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) carton plain yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Combine apricots, butter, nectar and honey in a small saucepan; place over high heat. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 4 minutes or until apricots are plump. Remove from heat; cool.
- Gently spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with knife. Mix flour, bran, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl, stir well. Add sugar mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Lightly fold in apricot mixture.
- Spoon 1/2 cup batter into each of 7(6 ounce) ramekins coated with cooking spray. Place ramekins on a shallow baking sheet. Bake at 400*F. for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Put on wire rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!
These were very easy to whip up & tasted good too. I only had about 1 cups worth of apricots and subbed Splenda for the sugar. I did them as mini cupcakes instead of in ramekins and got about 12 cupcakes & 9 bite-size cakes. These will be great for my DD's playgroup, thanks!