Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe came in a periodical I receive monthly. I plan to make this on Easter. I will post pictures. Sound great.
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon or 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 6 -8 lbs cooked ham
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- in a small bowl mix preserves, ginger and bourbon until smooth.
- Place ham on rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- make cuts 1/2 in apart and 1/4 inch deep in a diamond pattern around top and sides of ham.
- brush han with 3 tablespoons of the preserve mixture.
- insert oven proof thermoneter in thickest part of ham.
- bake uncovered 45 minutes.
- brush remaining preserves mixture over ham.
- bake about 45 minutes longer or until thermoneter reads 140 degrees.
- remove ham from oven, cover with tent of foil and let stand 10 t0 15 minutes for easier carving.