Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This crumble cake is great for a picnic, dessert, or for afternoon tea with friends.
Make and share this Apricot & Blueberry Crumble Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 7 ounces butter, softened
- 8 ounces superfine sugar
- 8 ounces self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 5 ounces vanilla yogurt
- 10 ounces apricots, skinned, halved and stoned
- 8 ounces blueberries
FOR THE CRUMBLE
- 1 ounce butter
- 3 tablespoons self-raising flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Line an oblong traybake tin (8 x 12in) with baking parchment and heat oven to 350°F
- Beat the butter, sugar, flour, baking powder, eggs and milk together until creamy. Spoon into the tin, level the top, then bake for 25 mins until almost set.
- Meanwhile, get the yogurt and fruit at the ready and make the crumble by rubbing all the ingredients together.
- When cake has baked for 25 mins, whip it out of the oven. Working quickly, spoon over the yogurt, scatter over the fruit, then top with the crumble.
- Return to oven for 15-20 mins until a skewer comes out clean.
- Serve warm as a dessert, or cooled and cut into squares with tea.
This is a really yummy cake - my husband ate two pieces! I made it with lemon yogurt instead of vanilla yogurt but will definitely try it next time with the vanilla. I just wish it had more crumble as I like a lot of crumble, so I will increase the amount I make next time.