Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
Bake and freeze these bits up to a week in advance. Recipe is from Cooking Light Magazine.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (7 ounce) package dried apricots, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Combine 1 cup boiling water and apricots in a medium bowl, and let stand for 10 minutes. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 2 tablespoons soaking liquid. Place apricots, reserved 2 tablespoons soaking liquid, walnuts, honey, juice, and cinnamon in a food processor; pulse until coarsely ground. Add cheese to processor; pulse 3 times or until blended.
- Place 1 sheet pastry dough on a work surface lightly dusted with flour. Gently roll into a 12 1/2 inch square. Cut dough into 25 (2 1/2 inch) squares. Top each dough piece with about 1 teaspoons apricot mixture. Working with one dough piece at a time, bring corners up to the center and pinch closed. Place the angels on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat procedure with remaining dough and apricot mixture, placing on a second baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush angels evenly with egg. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden.