Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is from the Jan/Feb 2003 WW magazine. I haven't made it yet, but it's low points (1 1/2 per serve) makes it an attractive dessert. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 4 tablespoons cornflour (cornstarch)
- 600 ml skim milk
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 (410 g) canww apricot halves, drained and pureed
- Combine the cornflour with a little of the milk to form a smooth paste.
- Place the remaining milk into a medium saucepan with the sugar.
- Bring to the boil, stirring.
- Remove from the heat and stirm in the cornflour.
- Return to the heat, stirring until mixture boils and thickens.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the vanilla and pureed apricots.
- Pour into 6 x 1/2 cup moulds and refrigerate until firm.
- When ready to serve, loosen edges and un-mould onto a serving plate.
- Serve with extra canned apricots if desired.