Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A different cobbler.
- 2 1⁄4-2 1⁄2 lbs apricots, about 18, quartered and pitted
- 10 -12 ounces blackberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, diced
- 1⁄2 cup chilled whipping cream, plus
- 1 tablespoon chilled whipping cream
- vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
- For Fruit: Preheat oven to 375°F Butter 8x8x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Combine apricots, berries, sugar and tapioca in large bowl; toss gently to blend.
- Let stand 15 minutes, tossing fruit occasionally.
- Transfer fruit mixture to prepared dish.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake until fruit is tender and juices bubble thickly, about 50 minutes.
- Cool completely in dish.
- (Can be made 4 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.).
- For Biscuit Topping: Preheat oven to 400°F Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl;.
- whisk to blend.
- Add butter, rub in with fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Gradually add 1/2 cup cream, mixing with fork until moist clumps form.
- Knead gently in bowl until dough holds together.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 9x6" rectangle.
- Cut dough lengthwise into 8 strips, each about 3/4 inch wide.
- Arrange 4 strips in opposite direction, forming lattice.
- Press ends of pastry strips firmly into fruit.
- Brush dough with 1 tablespoon cream.
- Bake cobbler until filling is heated through and lattice is golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Spoon warm cobbler into deep bowls; top with ice cream.