Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this today without the jicama (couldn't find it at the grocery store, so I'll look somewhere else tomorrow!) This is excellent, esp. the dressing. VERY summery! (found at epicurious.com)
- 8 ounces apricots or 8 ounces nectarines, halved,pitted,cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 pint strawberry, hulled,cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 pint fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 pint fresh raspberry
- 1 1⁄2 cups peeled jicama, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons minced seeded jalapeno chiles
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons roasted sunflower seeds
- Combine first 6 ingredients in large bowl.
- Whisk lime juice, honey, and oil in small bowl to blend.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over fruit mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Divide salad among 6 plates.
- Sprinkle with sunflower seeds and serve.
Very tasty different salad that's also a great healthy summertime salad. Thanks for sharing!