Recipe by KimmieCat1
You can replace the canned apricots with 12 fresh apricots. Apricots are in season in June. Can substitute the sparkling wine/Champagne for 2 (12-ounce) cans ginger ale or lemon-lime soda. From Southern Living, April 2005 on myrecipes.com
Top Review by Just_Ducky!!
Very nice and refreshing! I made this with ginger ale so my boys could enjoy it with me and used fresh apricots. I also could not find apricot nectar anywhere so I substituted mango nectar and it worked perfectly. Thanks for a lovely and refreshing summer recipe KimmieCat! Made and enjoyed for team Mischief Makers - ZWT #7 :D
- 2 (15 ounce) cans apricot halves, drained (don't mix the 2 cans together)
- 2 (11 1/2 ounce) cans apricot nectar (don't mix the 2 cans together)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, divided
- crushed ice
- 1 (750 ml) bottle sparkling wine or 1 (750 ml) bottle champagne, chilled
- fresh mint sprig (optional, for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Process half each of apricot halves, apricot nectar, and sugar in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Repeat with remaining apricot halves, nectar, and sugar.
- Serve over crushed ice with sparkling wine/Champagne or ginger ale/lemon-lime soda. Garnish, if desired. * Note: You can stir together the the apricot mixture and the sparking wine/Champagne/soda in a picture. Be sure and do this just before serving.