Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cost to make this BBQ sauce is $1.76. I found this recipe in Family Circle magazine. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in medium-size saucepan.
- Bring to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 minutes.
- (Sauce can be refrigerated, covered, for up to 2 days).
Super great! I used this as a dipping sauce for chicken fingers. I cut back the vinegar amount to half of the recipe's amount because I had read several other sweet and source sauce recipe reviews where people said that the vinegar taste was too strong. I figured better safe than sorry. This sauce turned out wonderful.