Recipe by mandabears
This is a recipe that I clipped from in 1992 and made for years until I lost the clipping :(. I found it stuffed in a cookbook this morning. It uses condensed milk and apricots and coconut, some of my many favorite treats. I also have used a 6 ounce package of fruit bits instead of the apricots.
- 1⁄4 lb butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 ounces dried apricots, chopped
- 14 ounces condensed milk
- 7 ounces grated coconut
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped, I toast them first
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray.
- Layer graham cracker crumbs, apricots, condensed milk, coconut and pecans.
- Press down gently.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven until cooled.
- Cut into squares.