Recipe by Sharlene~W
I love these bars with pecans or sliced almonds.
Top Review by Aunt Cookie
These bars are phenomenal! I never would have thought that such an outstanding treat could have dried apricots as the main ingredient. I really just made this to use up some walnuts, unsweetened coconut, and apricots, but now I'm probably going to have to buy more of those ingredients so I can make this again. Thanks for sharing, Sharlene!
- 2⁄3 cup dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Rinse apricots, cover with water and boil 10 minutes.
- Drain, cool and chop.
- Combine butter, sugar and 1 cup flour.
- Blend together until crumbly.
- Pack into bottom of greased 8 x 8-inch square pan.
- Bake at 350°F until lightlly browned, aout 15-18 miutes.
- Beat eggs.
- Add vanilla and gradually beat in brown sugar.
- Sift remaining 1/3 cup flour with baking powder and salt.
- Blend into mixture.
- Stir in nuts, coconut and apricots.
- Spread over baked layer.
- Return to oven for about 30 minutes longer.
- Cut into squares.