Top Review by LorettaT
This recipe is really easy and very good. I used a whole jar of apricot jam, just didn't think 3/4 cup was enough. I am going to try other flavors of jam too. I think any kind would work fine. So far everyone that has tried it (I brought it to work today) has raved about it. It is a keeper!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup apricot jam or 3⁄4 cup preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in rolled oats and sugar.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Put 2/3 of crumb mixture in 11x7 pan.
- Spread with jam.
- Cover with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 375° for about 35 minutes or until brown.
- Freezes well.