Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup apricot jam or 3⁄4 cup preserves
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in rolled oats and sugar.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Put 2/3 of crumb mixture in 11x7 pan.
- Spread with jam.
- Cover with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 375° for about 35 minutes or until brown.
- Freezes well.
This recipe is really easy and very good. I used a whole jar of apricot jam, just didn't think 3/4 cup was enough. I am going to try other flavors of jam too. I think any kind would work fine. So far everyone that has tried it (I brought it to work today) has raved about it. It is a keeper!
This recipe is worth 5 stars just for the memories! My mom used a full cup of margarine and the entire jar of preserves as well, heating them slightly before spreading to make it easier. Your detailed instructions filled in the gaps on my recipe card and I was able to recreate the experience for my family. I think these are the most simple and the best of all the apricot bar recipes around! Just proves that simple really is best. Thank you.