Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I always liked apricots and its high nutritional value. This recipe came from recumbent-bikes-trut-for-you.
- 1 cup apricot
- 3⁄4 cup almonds
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 -4 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 oven and spray 8 X 8 inch pan. Set aside.
- Place apricots, almonds and walnuts in your food processor and chop.
- Place all ingredients in medium sized bowl with the exception of the orange juice. Mix well. Add enough orange juice to form a thick batter.
- Press into your greased pan and level evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes till firm. Cut into 12 bars, but leave in the pan to cool.
- Now, you may package individually and store in erefrigerator or freezer.
Very tasty, chewy bars! I did add a little orange zest to enhance the orange flavor, & it seemed to work well! These will be great as an on-the-go treat, or to have instead of forking out the money for a vending machine! Thanks much for the recipe!