Recipe by chia
very easy to throw together this bakes while you prepare the rest of the meal. especially good with poultry.
Top Review by Harlynne Goldstein
Excellent. I made some changes. I always use regular grain barley--less processed. It takes more time and more liquid. I used the broth and 2 cups diluted orange juice. Baked at 350 about an hour and a half. Company loved it. Thanks,
- 2⁄3 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄4 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups pearl barley
- 1 cup sliced scallion
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 2⁄3 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 325.
- grease a 13x9 baking dish.
- in a large skillet add 2 tbsp butter, heat pine nuts until lightly toasted.
- remove and set aside.
- in same skillet heat remaining butter, saute barley and scallions until tender, 2-3 minutes.
- add broth, bring to a boil.
- stir in apricots, raisins, and nuts.
- pour into the grease baking dish and bake uncovered for 1 1/4 hrs or until barley is tender.