Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
From family recipe collection. Contributed by Aunt Dorothea.
- 1 (6 ounce) can apricot nectar
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Mix cornstarch with 2 TBSP cold water. Add apricot nectar, vinegar, sugar, apricot preserves, catsup and dry mustard. Mix well. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
For ham, maybe, but I used it on pork chops this first time around & another time will baste chicken breasts with it! Loved the use of the apricot preserves in this! Definitely a winner! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]