Recipe by PaulaG
Several years ago Great-Grandma passed away and I inherited her collection of handwritten recipes. This is one of those receipes. Another use for ripe bananas.
Top Review by Connie Lea
I had bought some apricot preserves for another recipe and had 3/4 of a jar left, which my DH said he didn't like so made this cake. He loved the cake - I didn't tell him there were apricot preserves in it until after he ate it. I will probably be buying more apricot preserves just to make this again.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 (10 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the margarine and brown sugar.
- Blend in the preserves, eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Add alternately with the bananas, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into a greased 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes.