Recipe by PeachyLia
A tasty and easy chicken entree that can be put together quickly from pantry/fridge items - my kind of dinner!
Top Review by Paka
This was really a hit with the family! I only had vidalia onions so added one cup as they are a bit sweeter than normal onions. By the time the chicken was cooked, the sauce had thickened beautifully and looked pretty spread over the chicken. When I make this again I'll serve it with rice and perhaps add a sliced red pepper for color. Thanks for a great recipe.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh thyme, minced or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup apricot jam or 1⁄3 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and thyme in olive oil until onion is soft. Remove from skillet.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, add chicken to pan and saute 4 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Mix preserves, vinegar and chicken broth in skillet, stirring until preserves melt, and mixture boils. 4 Add sauteed onion.
- Return chicken to pan and turn to coat with sauce. Simmer until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over rice or pasta.