Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A tasty and easy chicken entree that can be put together quickly from pantry/fridge items - my kind of dinner!
- Saute onion and thyme in olive oil until onion is soft. Remove from skillet.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, add chicken to pan and saute 4 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Mix preserves, vinegar and chicken broth in skillet, stirring until preserves melt, and mixture boils. 4 Add sauteed onion.
- Return chicken to pan and turn to coat with sauce. Simmer until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over rice or pasta.
This was really a hit with the family! I only had vidalia onions so added one cup as they are a bit sweeter than normal onions. By the time the chicken was cooked, the sauce had thickened beautifully and looked pretty spread over the chicken. When I make this again I'll serve it with rice and perhaps add a sliced red pepper for color. Thanks for a great recipe.