Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Just try to keep these sweet confectionery for 48 hours before serving like the recipe says! From the Australian cookbook "How to cook a Galah".
- 300 g dried apricots, finely chopped
- 3 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 (400 g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar, sifted
- In a bowl mix the apricots with the coconut and condensed milk with your hands until thoroughly combined.
- Roll lumps of mixture between the palms of hands to form balls about 3cm (1 inch) in diameter.
- Roll in the icing sugar to coat.
- Place in an airtight container for 48 hours before eating.
Very simple, easy recipe. I used a food processor to chop the apricots, then used the mixing blade to mix in the coconut and condensed milk. Rolled them in dessicated coconut rather than icing sugar. Perfect.
The response depended on the person. I thought it was too sweet, though I used sweetened coconut. Most people didn't think it was too sweet. It was a good combination of flavors, though.
Very nice! Instead of powdered sugar, I rolled them in finely-chopped pecans (the sweetened condensed milk made them plenty sweet anyhow). It took about 1 1/2 cups to coat one batch.