Recipe by l'ecole
Forget where I found this -- maybe the newspaper? At any rate, made it for last year's neighborhood pre-New Year's appetizer get-together, with great success. What a perfect combination of flavors, and a nice change from Rumaki.
Directions See How It's Made
- Butterfly dried apricots.
- Slice candied ginger into slivers. Insert slivers in apricot pockets.
- Cut each slice of bacon into four to five pieces.
- Wrap each piece around an apricot, securing with a toothpick.
- Preheat oven to 350º. Place wrapped apricots on cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, turning once so that bacon is evenly cooked.