Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
These cookies are really easy and really yummy..kind of like an Anzac biscuit but with the addition of apricots and white chocolate. The recipe makes about 50 so there are heaps to hand out to friends and family, whilst leaving plenty to keep for yourself! If your baking a couple of trays at once just remember to swap them around half-way through cooking.
- 250 g butter
- 1⁄2 cup golden syrup
- 1 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup hot milk
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 1 cup sugar (3/4 brown sugar, 1/4 castor sugar)
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 (250 g) packet white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place the butter, golden syrup and apricots in a medium saucepan and heat until the butter has melted. Allow to cool.
- Combine the flour, sugar, coconut, rolled oats and white choc chips in a large bowl and mix well.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the milk.
- Add the contents of the saucepan and the milk mixture to the dry mix. Stir well to combine.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into small balls and place onto a lined baking tray, pressing the balls out slightly (allowing room for spreading).
- Bake for 15 – 17 minutes or until golden.