Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sweet, natural maple syrup and fruit sweetened apricot jam join with fresh, pungent garlic, shallot and ginger in a white wine and tamari base for an exceptional, out-of-the-ordinary marinade. Perfect for a wide variety of grilled vegetables and meats, my favorites include: thickly sliced tofu, steak, chicken, shrimp and salmon, as well as, chunky vegetables such as eggplant, zucchini, bell peppers and yellow squash.
- 1⁄2 cup tamari reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 4 tablespoons fruit sweetened apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 large garlic cloves, thickly sliced
- 1 small shallot, thickly sliced
- 1⁄2 inch piece fresh gingerroot, peeled and sliced
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. There will be small pieces of ginger or garlic in the sauce.