Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very simple, yet elegant, appetizer that can be served with fruit slices and/or water crackers (my preference).
- 1 (8 ounce) brie round
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 24 slices
- sliced apples (for garnish) or apricots (for garnish) or pear (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray shallow ovenproof serving dish with cooking spray.
- Carefully remove top rind from Brie with sharp knife.
- Place in center of prepared dish.
- Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add preserves; cook and stir until preserves are melted.
- Stir in cream and rosemary.
- cook and stir for 3 minutes, or until thickened.
- Spoon mixture over Brie.
- Top with almonds.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until Brie is soft and knife is easily inserted.
- Serve with bread and fruit slices, if desired.