Recipe by ellie_
Delicious and easy fruit bars that make good use of your food processor. These bars have a very intense not-too-sweet apricoty flavor, so are best if cut into small squares.
Top Review by Dorel
This is very tasty, I love the flavor of apricots and this is all I expected and more. It has a nice moist topping with a shortbread crust. I did bake for 35 minutes. Thanks for coming up with a great recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, chilled
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 18 -20 dried apricot halves, soaked in water and drained (20-30 minutes)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, soaked in water and drained (I soak both the raisins and the apricots in the same water)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted cashew halves or 1⁄2 cup cashew pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut butter in pieces and place in the food processor bowl (fitted with the steel knife) with flour, powdered sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Process until blended using on/off turns (5-10 seconds).
- Press into a 9 x 9-inch pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- While crust is baking, make the topping.
- Place drained apricots, raisins, one tablespoon lemon juice and 1/2 cup sugar in the processor bowl and process until chopped finely (5-10 seconds).
- Pour into a seperate bowl and set aside.
- Add eggs to processor bowl and mix using on/off turns for 5-10 seconds.
- Add 2 tablespoons lemon juice, baking powder, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and apricots/raisin mixture.
- Process using 3 on/off turns.
- Fold in cashews, using one on/off turn.
- Spoon mixture over baked crust, spreading evenly and covering whole crust.
- Return to oven for 30-35 minutes or until done.
- Cool on rack and sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
- Cut into squares.