Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
A simple and delicious combination: fully riped apricots and poppy seeds. To make it fruity I used lime juice and Dr. Oetker's super gelling sugar 1:3. With this gelling sugar you only need 1/3 of the fruit weight to make the jam.
- 900 g apricots (fruit weight after pitting)
- 300 super gelling sugar (Dr. Oetker's, see note)
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- After pitting the apricots measure the fruit to make 900 g fruit for jam.
- Cut the apicots into small to very small pieces.
- Mix apricots and sugar in a suited pot and let stand for about 1 hour.
- Bring apricot mixture to a boil over medium high heat stirring frequently. Cook for 4 minutes strirring all the time.
- Remove from heat and add lime juice and poppy seeds. Mix.
- Fill into twist off preserving jars and close jars. Let stand for 1 minute and then turn up side down. Let stand for 10 minutes and turn over again. Let cool completely.
- NOTE on "Dr. Oetker's Super Gelling Sugar 3:1". Dr. Oetker is a well known brand in Germany. There are several gelling sugars available. The "3:1" super gelling sugar already contains pectin and you only need 1/3 of sugar. If you can't get it, you could also use Dr. Oetker's 2:1 super gelling sugar (then use 450 g sugar). Follow the instructions on the package.