1/1 Photo of Apricot and Poppy Seed Jam
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 20 mins
A simple and delicious combination: fully riped apricots and poppy seeds. To make it fruity I used lime juice and Dr. Oetker's super gelling sugar 1:3. With this gelling sugar you only need 1/3 of the fruit weight to make the jam.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1After pitting the apricots measure the fruit to make 900 g fruit for jam.
- 2Cut the apicots into small to very small pieces.
- 3Mix apricots and sugar in a suited pot and let stand for about 1 hour.
- 4Bring apricot mixture to a boil over medium high heat stirring frequently. Cook for 4 minutes strirring all the time.
- 5Remove from heat and add lime juice and poppy seeds. Mix.
- 6Fill into twist off preserving jars and close jars. Let stand for 1 minute and then turn up side down. Let stand for 10 minutes and turn over again. Let cool completely.
- 7NOTE on "Dr. Oetker's Super Gelling Sugar 3:1". Dr. Oetker is a well known brand in Germany. There are several gelling sugars available. The "3:1" super gelling sugar already contains pectin and you only need 1/3 of sugar. If you can't get it, you could also use Dr. Oetker's 2:1 super gelling sugar (then use 450 g sugar). Follow the instructions on the package.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot and Poppy Seed Jam
Serving Size: 1 (933 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.4
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 21.4 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: