Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Posted in response to a request. This sounds great! Pork with a stuffing of apricots, dates and pecans and a bourbon cream sauce. YUMMY!!
- 1 cup dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried dates
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1 clove garlic
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt (divided use)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons freshly chopped thyme (divided use)
- 4 tablespoons molasses (divided use)
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil or 4 tablespoons vegetable oil (divided use)
- 5 lbs boneless pork loin roast, halved
- 1 cup Bourbon
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coarsely chop apricots, dates, pecans, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper in a food processor.
- Add 2 tablespoons thyme, 1 tablespoon molasses and 2 tablespoons oil.
- Process until mixture is finely chopped, but not smooth.
- To butterfly the roast, make a lengthwise cut down the center of each roast half, cutting to, but not through, the bottom.
- Starting from the cut that was just made, slice horizontally toward one side, stopping 1/2 inch from edge.
- Repeat with other roast half.
- Open each half and flatten to a ½-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Spread apricot mixture evenly over pork.
- Roll each half, jellyroll fashion, starting with long side.
- Secure with string.
- Place both rolls, seam side down, in a shallow roasting pan.
- Brush with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and sprinkle with remaining thyme.
- Bring bourbon, broth and remaining 3 tablespoons molasses to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Remove from heat.
- Carefully ignite bourbon mixture with a long match.
- When flames die, pour over rolls.
- Bake 1 to 11/2 hours, or until meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 160 F.
- Remove pork from pan and keep warm; reserve drippings.
- Pour reserved drippings in a small saucepan.
- Add cream and remaining salt.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened.
- Slice pork and serve with sauce.