Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is really light and refreshing.
- 12 ounces flavorful fresh ripe apricots, pitted
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon gelatin powder
- light cream, to serve
- Heat the apricots, sugar and 1/2 cup of the orange juice, stirring until the sugar ha dissolved. Simmer gently until the apricots are tender.
- Press the apricot mixture through a nylon sieve into a small measuring cup using a spoon.
- Pour 3 tablespoons of the orange juice into a small heatproof bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over it and let stand for about 5 minutes, until softened.
- Place bowl over a saucepan of hot water and heat until the gelatin has dissolved. Slowly pour into the apricot mixture, stirring constantly. Measure up to 2 1/2 cups with the reamining orange juice.
- Pour the apricot mixture into four individual dishes and chill until set. to serve, pour a thin layer of cream over.
- the surface.