Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is something my granddaughter made when she was staying with me before Xmas.
- 140 g dried apricots
- 125 ml cold water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 (30 g) packet sesame seeds
- 215 g nut roast muesli
- Place the apricots, water cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom in a small saucepan and bring to the boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover and simmer stirring occasionally for 12 minutes or until apricots soften.
- Remove from the heat and uncover and set aside for 20 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile place the sesame seeds in a saucepan and toss over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Transfer to a heatproof bowl and set aside.
- Place the muesli in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped, add apricot mixture and process until a stiff dough forms (you can add a little more water if required).
- Transfer to a bowl and use your hands to knead well until combined.
- Use your hands to roll 2 teaspoonfuls of mixture into a ball.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture and toss the balls in sesame seeds to lightly coat.
I had a few hassles with this. The processor didnt like the mix, and I had to keep moving it around, and it still had "chunks" in it. I tasted it at this stage, and though the blend of spices was realy good, I didnt think it was sweet enough. I added a bit of honey, personal taste. The balls were easy to roll with wet hands, and they are sitting in the fridge as I type, except for the 3 I had for dinner. :) I had heaps of sesame seeds left over, at least half, but I put them in a jar and will use them another time. thanks latchy