Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is something my granddaughter made when she was staying with me before Xmas.
Make and share this Apricot and Muesli Sesame Balls recipe from Food.com.
- Place the apricots, water cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom in a small saucepan and bring to the boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover and simmer stirring occasionally for 12 minutes or until apricots soften.
- Remove from the heat and uncover and set aside for 20 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile place the sesame seeds in a saucepan and toss over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Transfer to a heatproof bowl and set aside.
- Place the muesli in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped, add apricot mixture and process until a stiff dough forms (you can add a little more water if required).
- Transfer to a bowl and use your hands to knead well until combined.
- Use your hands to roll 2 teaspoonfuls of mixture into a ball.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture and toss the balls in sesame seeds to lightly coat.
I had a few hassles with this. The processor didnt like the mix, and I had to keep moving it around, and it still had "chunks" in it. I tasted it at this stage, and though the blend of spices was realy good, I didnt think it was sweet enough. I added a bit of honey, personal taste. The balls were easy to roll with wet hands, and they are sitting in the fridge as I type, except for the 3 I had for dinner. :) I had heaps of sesame seeds left over, at least half, but I put them in a jar and will use them another time. thanks latchy