Recipe by mazzz91
essentially from "Healthy" by Lesly Waters, but revised a little to have whole wheat flour and skim milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-bran cereal
- 1 2⁄3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375. Line 10 cups in a muffin pan with muffin cases or wax paper. Mix together eggs, milk, olive oil, yogurt, and All-bran. Set aside.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl, then stir in the sugar, dried apricots, and raisins. Add the egg mixture and stir evenly until combined. Spoon the mixture into muffin cases.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Check with toothpick. Remove from oven.
- Let the muffins cool in pan for a couple minutes, then transfer to wire cooling racks and brush with maple syrup. Serve warm or at room temperature.