Recipe by DanielFowler
i have an over excited fruit tree out the back and i made this up. quite tasty
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I didn't even consider using fresh apricots for this recipe but rather used almost 2 pouds of dried apricots instead! I quartered them before using & then went on to follow the recipe right on down! I seasoned it with lemon pepper rather than the usual S&P, then let it cook down & thicken for about 25-30 minutes! After it cooled a little, I used my trusty potato masher on about half of it & left the rest kind of chunky, which we like! VERY, VERY NICE TASTING CHUTNEY, & I'd like to make it again in another 4-5 months when I can get some nice fresh apricots to use! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block tag]
- 5 kg apricots
- 500 g raw sugar
- 1 red onion (sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 tomatoes (diced)
- 200 ml lime juice
- 1 red capsicum (seeded and diced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Score the apricot skin and soak in boiling water (to remove skin).
- remove skin.
- remove seeds.
- place in a pot with sugar.
- slice onion and place in pot.
- bring to boil.
- add all remaining ingredients.
- season to taste.
- reduce till very thick and syrupy (slow simmer).
- for a perfect consistency i blended this- you could leave it chunkier if you wanted to.