Recipe by Angela Sara
Great dish for a cold day!! The flavour can be changed to suit your own tastes by varying the amount of the spices!
- 3 lbs lean lamb fillets, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup meat stock
- 1 tablespoon smooth apricot jam
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup dried apricot
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and butter and brown meat cubes.
- Add onion, garlic and cinnamon and stir fry continuously.
- Add curry powder and turmeric and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add bay leaf, meat stock, jam and lemon juice.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until the meat is tender (about 1 hour).
- Add apricots and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and serve with rice.