What's Cooking?'s Note:
Another lovely-looking recipe from BBC Good Food. These are adorable miniature "mincemeat" fruit pies with apricot and hazelnut filling. Great for the holidays, or a dinner party. Easy to make. I haven't made them yet but look forward to doing so soon. Be sure to use a gluten-free all-purpose flour that already has xanthan or guar gum added to it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE PASTRY
FOR THE FILLING
- 1To make the pastry: put the flour and cinnamon into the bowl of a food processor.
- 2Add the butter and pulse until it looks like very fine breadcrumbs.
- 3Sprinkle in the sugar and 3 tbsp cold water, and pulse until the mixture starts to clump together, about 30 secs.
- 4Tip the mixture onto a board and gently squeeze the pastry until it comes together into a ball - add water if it feels dry.
- 5Wrap the pastry in cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
- 6Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5 [For Americans, that's 375 F).
- 7Roll the pastry on a lightly floured surface to the thickness of £1 coin (3.15mm).
- 8Using a 7cm cutter, cut out 10-12 discs and use to line a 12-hole bun tin with them.
- 9Use a 6cm cutter for the lids, or use a 6cm star cutter to make star shapes.
- 10Chill both.
- 11Make the mincemeat: put all the ingredients into a food processor and pulse on and off until evenly chopped.
- 12Spoon 1-2 tsp into each tart, dampen the edge of the pastry bottom with water and sit a smaller pastry disc or star on top.
- 13Using scissors, snip a hole in the lid, if you've made round tops.
- 14Bake for 12-15 mins until golden brown.
- 15Lift onto a wire rack to cool and dredge with icing sugar.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot and Hazelnut Mince Pies [gluten-Free]
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.5
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 32.1 mg
- Sodium 32.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: