1/4 Photos of Apricot and Ginger Scones
This is an English recipe, from Prue Leith's column in the Daily Mail. I love the ginger cream that makes these scones really special. Perfect for afternoon tea.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 225 g self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 55 g butter
- 30 g caster sugar
- 85 g dried apricots, chopped
- 150 ml milk
- 1 egg, beaten, to glaze
- 1Oven temperature 220°C/425°F.
- 2Flour a baking sheet.
- 3Sift flour with salt into a large bowl.
- 4Rub in the butter until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- 5Stir in sugar.
- 6Add apricots.
- 7Make a deep well in the flour, pour in milk and mix to a soft, spongy dough with a knife.
- 8On a floured surface, knead dough lightly until it is just smooth.
- 9Roll or press out to 2.
- 105cm/1inch thick.
- 11Stamp into rounds with a pastry cutter.
- 12Brush scones with beaten egg for a glossy crust, sprinkle with flour for a soft one or brush with milk for a light gloss and soft crust.
- 13Bake scones at top of preheated oven for seven minutes or until well-risen and brown.
- 14Leave to cool on wire rack or serve hot from oven.
- 15Stir chopped ginger and ginger syrup into whipped cream.
- 16Cut scones in half horizontally and sandwich together with ginger cream.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot and Ginger Scones
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.4
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 93.1 mg
- Sodium 757.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: