Recipe by **Jubes**
This is a great chutney. It's simple to make and goes well with any cold meats, grilled chops, curries or grilled chicken. It has no flour or gluten containing ingredients. Great for a gift. If you like chillies you can add a chopped fresh chilli
Top Review by peachy_pie
I totally forgot that I made this like a year ago for Christmas presents! It's very festive and goes super well with pork, I'm told, which, being a vegetarian, I don't eat. But I CAN verify that it goes nicely with a very strong cheddar on a cheeseboard. Thanks Jubes!
- 3 1⁄2 cups dried apricots, quartered
- 1 1⁄2 cups sultanas
- 1 1⁄4 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups dates, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup glace candied ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground red chili pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover apricots with water and set aside to soak for one hour. Drain the apricots.
- Combine apricots, sultanas and vinegar in a large saucepan. Bring slowly to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the liquid as almost evaporated.
- Stir in all of the remaining ingredients and add one cup of water. Simmer for 5 minutes, until the chutney has thickened.
- Pour into jars and seal. Makes approx 6 cups of chutney.