Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
Rich and delicious no-bake squares. Everyone loves these and they are easy to keep on hand.
- 1 (250 g) packetplain cookies
- 1 cup dried apricot, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely shredded coconut (desiccated)
- 1 (395 g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 125 g butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk chocolate chips
- Line base of a 18cm x 28cm pan with baking paper.
- Put the cookies in a food processor or blender and grind to crumbs.
- Combine the crumbs with the chopped apricots and coconut in a bowl.
- Pour the condensed milk into a medium saucepan and add the butter.
- Stir over a medium heat until butter is melted and ingredients are combined.
- Pour into dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Press mixture into pan and refridgerate until set.
- Melt the milk chocolate chips gently in a microwave on a low setting.
- Spread melted chocolate over the top of the squares and allow to set.
- Once chocolate is set, cut into squares or bars to serve.
Super easy to make, and people just luuuuuuuuved it! I tried the original recipe, and then I made it with dark chocolate and dried cranberries since my mama doesn't like apricots. Both were fantastic!
I was about to post this myself, but saw it was already here! A really yummy slice and very easy to make - a favourite in our household. I can strongly recommend it!